Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Don't Settle for Mediocrity

Often times in our lives we say and believe that we are committed to certain things and when it comes down to it we are committed to a point.  If it's really that important to us we will do whatever it takes to make sure we accomplish what we intend to.  When we are willing to pay any price, we will achieve what we set out to. 

So many times in my life I've settled for mediocrity and I am changing that.  I've only been committed to a point, so I would try to achieve something, but it was acceptable not to and I rarely did reach my goal.  How sad is that really?  I've not been committed to anything of importance to make sure that I achieved my goal no matter what.  Until now and I'm really looking forward to it!  It was my biggest breakthrough to date to even realize this.  Now, let's get out of the Knowing and Doing Gap!

Help others with this too.  I'm not the only one on this earth who has a tendency to settle for trying or average or okay enough or anything else less than great.  Love and support them when they need it and kick them in the ass when that's called for too.  Expect the same in return.  The late Steve Prefontaine said it best:"to settle for anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."

No comments:

Post a Comment